Re: [aperi-dev] Exception in org.eclipse.aperi.tape plugin initialization

Hello Christoph,

Your suggestion works.

The exception disappeared after I changed the run runlevel to 8 for tape and fabric bundle.

I am not sure what should be committed in CVS, I have done the changes using the IDE. I assume that for the development environment the file is RunAperiDeviceServer.launch. But is this taken in consideration by the build?

---
Simona Constantin
Phone: +(40)-725.164.930;

Christoph Reichert <Christoph.Reichert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/31/2007 04:45 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] Exception in org.eclipse.aperi.tape        plugin        initialization

Hello Rodica,

the TapeCollectionService is referencing the IDiscoverRouterService which
might not be registered because both starting at the same OSGi runlevel.

I checked the OSGi runlevel for the different services and Tape and
Discovery bundle are on the same runlevel "7".
Please lower the runlevel of the Discovery-bundle in your device server
configuration or set the runlevel of the Tape bundle to 8.

I would recommend to set the runlevel for tape and fabric bundle to 8. This
is the runlevel of the disk bundle, so we have all applications running on
runlevel 8.

If the change fixes your problem we can check-in this to CVS to the device
servers config-ini and the launch scripts.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, best regards

Christoph Reichert

Storage Software Development, Eclipse Aperi Project
IBM Deutschland, Mainz, Germany
Phone: +49-6131/84-5962, Fax: -6099
mailto:Christoph.Reichert@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hans Ulrich Maerki
Geschäftsführung: Martin Jetter (Vorsitzender), Rudolf Bauer, Christian
Diedrich, Christoph Grandpierre, Matthias Hartmann, Thomas Fell, Michael
Diemer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 31.08.2007 14:28:07:

> Hello,
>
> Since I have switched to Europa and I upgraded my code with all the
> modification in CVS including the new plugin org.eclipse.aperi.smis
> I have been getting the following exception when starting the Device
Server:

> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.eclipse.aperi.tape.TapeCollectionService.<init>(
> TapeCollectionService.java:64)
>         at org.eclipse.aperi.tape.TapeManagerService.<init>(
> TapeManagerService.java:102)
>         at
org.eclipse.aperi.tape.TapeActivator.start(TapeActivator.java:52)
>         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(
> BundleContextImpl.java:999)
>         at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.
> BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
>         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(
> BundleContextImpl.java:974)
>         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(
> BundleHost.java:346)
>         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(
> AbstractBundle.java:350)
>         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(
> Framework.java:1118)
>         at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.
> StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:634)
>         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(
> StartLevelManager.java:508)
>         at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.
> StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:282)
>         at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.
> StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:468)
>         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(
> EventManager.java:195)
>         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(