[aperi-dev] Testing with Apache Derby 10.3.1.4

Hello,

my testing with Aperi and the latest Apache Derby Release 10.3.1.4 was
successful.

After replacing the Derby jars the Aperi bug 201569 disappeared.

I did some smoke/regression testing in the following area and encountered
no problems:

Aperi Db installation
CIMOM/Out-of-Band discovery
CIMOM/Out-of-Band/Data-agent probe
several reports and topology viewer screens.
Storage device deletion

So I would recommend to move to this Derby version within the Aperi 0.4
release.

Tom, do we need an 3rd Party code approval from Eclipse for our IP Log if
update the Derby version?

In the meantime the new Derby version can be used by just replacing the jar
files in the \plugins\org.eclipse.aperi.db_1.0.0 folder with the newer
versions.
derby.jar
derbyclient.jar
derbynet.jar
derbytools.jar

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, best regards

Christoph Reichert

Storage Software Development, Eclipse Aperi Project
IBM Deutschland, Mainz, Germany
Phone: +49-6131/84-5962, Fax: -6099
mailto:Christoph.Reichert@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hans Ulrich Maerki
Geschäftsführung: Martin Jetter (Vorsitzender), Rudolf Bauer, Christian
Diedrich, Christoph Grandpierre, Matthias Hartmann, Thomas Fell, Michael
Diemer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top