Re: [aperi-dev] Full support for Solaris?

On Aug 29, 2007, at 1:35 PM, Khan M Tasinga wrote:

Hey Dale,

It's nice to hear from another person interested in Aperi! Here are some initial notes / thoughts related to what it'd take to get everything up and running on Solaris:

When we (IBM) made our initial contribution to Eclipse, we only made sure to include all of the platform-specific code required to make everything work on Windows and Linux (for both, the 32-bit x86 flavors). Platform-specific code for Solaris does exist. It would just need to be made available.

Is there a Legal vetting process that code must go through prior to be committed to the repository? I'd like to take a look at that first before trying to re-implement something that may already exist. I already see bits of Solaris code and references sprinkled throughout... so hopefully there's a a chance that could happen?

I realized after starting tonight that whether any existing Solaris code is made available or not, the prospect of porting hinges on the availability of this cclog tool. I think I would have EventScanner working tonight if that were available.

BTW, here's a patch for you all. I noticed that in the Linux EventScanner code, you're calling close() instead of fclose() on a FILE-type stream, not a file descriptor. It's just something I happened to catch as I was going through the code.

/dale

Back to the top