Re: [aperi-dev] Full support for Solaris?

Dale!  Great to hear from you - a SAN admin.  Solaris support?  Let's make it work... I'll ping a few people that can better answer your question.  Stay tuned.

Also, please feel free to let us know your thoughts on the product - good, bad, and ugly.  In that way, it can evolve in such a way to better serve you.

A few questions:
1) how is your overall end-user experience?  Can you rate the overall usability?
2) can you name any other areas outside of Solaris support that need attention in order to meet your needs?
3) are you interested in becoming a contributor?

Todd Singleton
Software Engineer, Tivoli, IBM
Menlo Park, CA
email: toddsing@xxxxxxxxxx

Dale Ghent <daleg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/28/2007 02:47 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Full support for Solaris?

Hey all, I'm pretty new to Aperi but as a SAN admin I'm very
interested in it and have been watching it for the past several months.

I run a mostly Sun (Solaris 10) shop, and so my options for
installing the agent, reporting server, and so on are limited to that
platform.

From what I can tell, the only platform-specific code in Aperi are
the shared libs, which seem to be readily compilable/available for
Linux and Win32. Are there any hidden gotchas to keep in mind when
porting to a new platform? Solaris 10 offers HBAAPI (in fact, I've
written some of my on utilities using it), and after rummaging
through the C source that was the only major dependency I could find.

Anything else I should watch out for?

/dale