[aperi-dev] Requirements processing and road map planning

I would like to see us get as much input as possible on the new roadmap. I wonder if we could get folks to answer some questions for us about how they might be using Aperi, what areas are of most interest, what challenges they found with current download.

I talked to Ryan Doherty and he said that it would be pretty simple to create a web form that interesting parties could respond to. We could send all the responses to a new mailing list so we don't spam others who are not interested.

I wonder if we mentioned it in several places if we could get some input from those who have tried Aperi. I'm thinking of places like:

  • Our main page of our project website
  • The mailing lists and news groups
  • The download page
  • Follow up with those who came to our Spring SNW booth.

Some interesting questions are already coming to mind. Any opinions out there?

Brenda

Brenda Haynes
Director, Aperi Open Source Project
zStorage SW Product Management
IBM Software Group
bhaynes@xxxxxxxxxx
877-328-8470 T/L (930)-5127

Inactive hide details for Tom Guinane/San Jose/IBM@IBMUSTom Guinane/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS

          Tom Guinane/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
          Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          08/16/2007 02:33 AM

          Please respond to
          Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, aperi-news@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[aperi-dev] Requirements processing and road map planning

It has been about a year since we have updated our Aperi Technical Roadmap and we have successfully delivered several point releases based on it. Now it is time to set our direction for the next year or so. I would like to start this by collecting requirements from the community so we can build our road map content. In order to kick this off, I have created a strawman requirements process in our wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Requirements_Process.

At Thursday's Aperi Community meeting, we will be reviewing this process and starting down the path to update the roadmap. For those of you attending the call, please take a look at this process prior to the meeting.

Thank you.

Cheers, Tom