[aperi-dev] Default SLP discovery configuration

I have always hated the default SLP CIM discovery configuration.
By default (upon install) the server is set to scan the local subnet every 24 hours at 3AM.
If you naively install in a lab with a large subnet loaded up with CIMOMs you can disrupt other folks tests by scanning their CIMOMs and you end with a database full of agents you didn't expect or want and now you have to delete them or else discovery takes forever!
I have long since adopted the habit of going to the CIM discovery panel right after a fresh install and turning SLP scanning off (which I recommend).
Probably cyclic SLP discoveries should not be the out of box default.
I'll open an enhancement bugzilla.

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

Back to the top