[aperi-dev] SAN Simulator contribution

With the imminent loading of the SAN Simulator code into our cvs libraries, we need to start thinking about the tasks we need to do to contribute and manage a new component as well as tracking it from here on out.  During our development status meeting today, we brainstormed a number of tasks and these are listed here:
  • Rename packages and update copyright statements (complete)
  • Load the code into cvs
  • Create a build, configuration and install
  • Update the download page - new section
  • Test the download and build
  • Hold a documentation review – installation and user documentation
  • Track enhancements – the ones planned by the contributors as well as items identified by Aperi team and users
  • Need to create a new Bugzilla component
  • Hold a design and architecture review/code review
  • Provide a product overview & demo
  • We discussed the idea of an Aperi super project with the SAN Simulator and SRM as components/bundles.  It was decided to look at other projects and see how they handle this and report back
  • Restructure a section in the weekly meeting to track all of these items and integrate into our schedule

Please take a look at this list and provide your feedback on the list of items above.  Are there any we have left off?  Updates?

Cheers,   Tom
Tom Guinane     Aperi Project Lead     IBM ARC     408-927-2104     guinane@xxxxxxxxxx     http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/

Back to the top