Re: [aperi-dev] Support the Self-Contained NAS Profile (reporting only) design document

Hi Hans,

The implementation will try to allow probes to both Data agent & SMI-S agent for the same self-contained NAS device because some information is only available via SNMP and some only via SMI-S.

Regards,
Rodica

Hans Lin <linh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/13/2007 06:44 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] Support the Self-Contained NAS Profile (reporting        only) design document

Hi Rodica, I had reviewed "Support the Self-Contained NAS Profile (reporting only)" design document. In the doc, you had the following note,

Note: Allowing simultaneous usage of Data Agent and SMI-S Agent for the same NAS device will
complicate very much the implementation: correlation issue, entities removal, reports generation.
We can consider a partial solution which allow, for each device, only one type of probe. For
example, if the device has already been probed as SMI-S storage subsystem and now someone
is trying to probe it through a Data Agent, the probe will be rejected (device already probed
through a different method). This simplification would make the implementation much easier and
would avoid the complications mentioned above, but in the same time would prevent the system
to make use of the features that are specific to only one agent.

It is not clear to me whether your final implementation will allow probes to both Data agent & SMI-S agent for the same self-contained NAS profile device simultaneous?

Hans H. Lin, Tivoli SAN Software Development
IBM Almaden Research Center, California
Phone: 408-927-2286, Fax: 408-927-2040
email: linh@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Rodica Ciurea <rodica_ciurea@xxxxxxxxxx>Rodica Ciurea <rodica_ciurea@xxxxxxxxxx>

Rodica Ciurea <rodica_ciurea@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/09/2007 12:02 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[aperi-dev] Support the Self-Contained NAS Profile (reporting only) design document

Hello,

I have placed the "Support the Self-Contained NAS Profile (reporting only)" design document in the wiki at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Aperi/architecture for review.

Thank you,

Rodica