Re: [aperi-dev] Some issues about Aperi

Ben, thanks for writing.  I have attempted to answer some of your questions below, following TODD>.  Thanks!

Todd Singleton
Software Engineer, Tivoli, IBM
Menlo Park, CA
email: toddsing@xxxxxxxxxx

Benjamin Marstaller <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/19/2007 01:43 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Some issues about Aperi

Hi,

here are some questions/thoughts that I had when I was working with Aperi:

Is it possible to get a 'Good Build' ( ->
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Build_and_Release_Process )?
It would be nice for me to test the plugins not on Aperi 0.3.1, but on a
newer version of Aperi.

TODD> Aperi 0.3.1 is the newest build (a couple of weeks old) that has had a certain degree of testing and validation.  Are you having problems with it?  Please share any bugs or issues you have with it.  http://bugs.eclipse.org is the ideal place for posting bugs.  It will be great to get additional feedback as our testing environments are limited and community validation is of upmost importance.

It would be great to have a download possibility on the homepage at
http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/downloads.php where is already an entry for
this.

TODD> Eclipse uses mirroring (which is more scalable) for large file download  Once you click on the 'download' link, it takes you directly to the file.

Is it possible to get the installer not create an Aperi database, but
use an existing TPC Database?

TODD> Interesting requirement.  If this is something you need, perhaps we can discuss further and you can help in designing that sort of integration.  You and I could work on something like that.  We'd have to spec out all of the issues, but I'm sure it can be done.

Where can I find documentation for extensions and extension points of
Aperi (especially for the 0.3 versions)?
TODD> For which component do you need?  The best bet here is to talk with some of the component experts.  This sort of discussion will help flesh out the appropriate documentation.

On the main page ( http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/ ), there is in the
section 'What's New' the point 'R2 Aperi Framework Available for
Download' but not a point with the version number 0.3.1 (there is just
the link to the downloads with the title 'Initial Code Contribution
Approved & Downloadable'). Perhaps it would be good, to add the version
number to the 'download' link.
TODD> Documentation upgrades... good point.  I will look into this.

Best regards,
Benjamin Marstaller