[aperi-dev] Aperi Design and Architecture Meeting Notes 6/20/07

First of all, let me apologize for all the meeting notices. I am trying to fix some problems with the calendar entry in my calendar by canceling the old meeting and creating a new one.

Attendees: Khan, Tom, Hans, Rodica, Chris, Christoph, Craig, Todd

1) Interesting news and events relevant to Aperi technical development

2) The current release (V0.4)
Craig, Dave, et al: Can we cut to the chase and integrate with JNDI to obviate the need for the 'search and replace' function to set/reset the JDBC connectivity data (password) in the report manager web.xml files and report xml files?
Yes, we could but it will incur other complexities in the form of new downloads etc for the application server, etc.
Decision: Stay with the plan of porting the 'search and replace' to the new installer, JNDI stays on hold awaiting more analysis

3) Beyond releases: Aperi SRM trends and futures
Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

Back to the top