[aperi-dev] Problem with th dataserver

Hello,

I am a master student at the University of Tübingen in Germany, and I'm currently programming a bunch of plugins for Aperi.

I have developed one plugin for the dataserver, and one plugin for
the GUI. They should communicate like shown in the wiki
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi_Data_Server_R2_Extensibility#How_do_you_create_and_register_a_new_request_handler.3F).
However, communication doesn't work.

My problem is with the RequestHandler interface. I need the RequestHandler class from the dataserver-plugin, because my own Handler imports it. But the RequestHandler class is not in an exported package. So I get errors.

My preliminary solution was to add the package org.eclipse.aperi.server in the plugin org.eclipse.aperi.server.data to the set of exported packages. Now communication works, and there is no problem with "initiating MyHndlr failed" errors.
However, my solution seems to be more of a "hack" than a clean solution.

Is there perhaps a better way to do it?
I think what I mentioned should be a problem with all plugins that want to use the service providers from the dataserver.

Best regards,

Benjamin Marstaller

Back to the top