Re: [aperi-dev] Checking on 0.3 compile question

Hans, Craig, that's great news. Thanks for clearing this up. Brenda

Brenda Haynes
Director, Aperi Open Source Project
zStorage SW Product Management
IBM Software Group
bhaynes@xxxxxxxxxx
877-328-8470 T/L (930)-5127

Inactive hide details for Hans Lin/San Jose/IBM@IBMUSHans Lin/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS

          Hans Lin/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
          Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          06/07/2007 05:22 PM

          Please respond to
          Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

Re: [aperi-dev] Checking on 0.3 compile question

Hi Brenda,

The latest download version of
milestone 0.3.1 is no longer need MSVCRTD.dll to start Aperi, MSVCTRD.dll is part of Microsoft Visual C++ and should not be needed in the pure execution environment.
Thanks for Craig's fix of defect 191309 -
Data server fails to start because the MSVCRTD.dll is not found and the upload to http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/downloads.php website from Todd.

This latest build should be good enough to run in a pure execution environment.

Hans H. Lin, Tivoli SAN Software Development
IBM San Jose, California
Phone: 408-284-4917, Fax: 408-256-8507
email: linh@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Brenda Haynes/Raleigh/IBM@ibmusBrenda Haynes/Raleigh/IBM@ibmus

                  Brenda Haynes/Raleigh/IBM@ibmus
                  Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

                  06/06/2007 08:19 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject

[aperi-dev] Checking on 0.3 compile question

Hi Hans, I know you just returned from vacation. Last week there was a discussion about whether the 0.3 download we put on the site, was compiled in a way that required a dev environment vs a pure execution environment. We wanted to make sure our 0.3 download was not requiring or assuming things from the Dev environment were installed.
Can you help us sort this out and if the Build is ok as is, post a confirmation to this mailing list? If we need to clean up our 0.3 build, we should work with Todd and Craig as needed.
Thanks, Brenda