RE: [aperi-dev] notes on R 0.3 installation problems

Jenny,

We currently send people out to a third-party site to download the dojo-0.4.2-ajax.zip file, so we don't have control over the internal directory structure of that zip file. What were the steps that you went through to remove that parent directory?

The alternative method I mentioned in my previous email would be something like the following:

1. Go to http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-0.4.2/dojo-0.4.2p1-ajax.zip.
2. Save the download (dojo-0.4.2p1-ajax.zip) to disk.
3. Unzip the contents of dojo-0.4.2p1-ajax.zip into: [aperi_install_dir]\plugins\org.eclipse.aperi.reporting_5.0.0\web\aperi-reports\. The directory dojo-0.4.2-ajax is automatically created during the unzip process. For example: c:\plugins\org.eclipse.aperi.reporting_5.0.0\web\aperi-reports\dojo-0.4.2-ajax
4. Rename [aperi_install_dir]\plugins\org.eclipse.aperi.reporting_5.0.0\web\aperi-reports\dojo-0.4.2-ajax to:
[aperi_install_dir]
\plugins\org.eclipse.aperi.reporting_5.0.0\web\aperi-reports\dojoAjax

What do you think of those steps?
_________________

Chris King
Information Development - Aperi
chriskng@xxxxxxxxxx
Aperi: http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/index.php

Inactive hide details for "Monesson, Jenny" <Jenny.Monesson@xxxxxxx>"Monesson, Jenny" <Jenny.Monesson@xxxxxxx>

          "Monesson, Jenny" <Jenny.Monesson@xxxxxxx>
          Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          05/24/2007 11:21 AM

          Please respond to
          Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Aperi Development" <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [aperi-dev] notes on R 0.3 installation problems

Thanks, Chris! Sounds like I don’t have to file bugzillas on these…happiness abounds.

I’d say for the dojoAjax issue, why not remove the parent dojo-0.4.2-ajax directory from the .zip archive and then have people directly unzip the archive contents a folder in the right location named simply dojoAjax? That is what I did…

Thanks again for addressing these issues so quickly…

Jenny

Jenny Monesson, Ph.D.
Software Solutions Architecture
LSI - Engenio Storage Group, Austin TX