[aperi-dev] Minutes of Aperi Design and Architecture meeting 5/23

Attendees: Todd, Jenny, Tom, Christoph, Rodica

Basically, we agreed to dedicate the next two Wednesday meetings as follows:
        Wednesday 5/30 dedicated to discussion of requirements for Install and Configuration in R0.4.
        Wednesday 6/6 dedicated to discussion of our development methodology for R0.4, assuming we are now using an iterative model (that is MileStone releases) how do we go about determining what an iteration is and when its done?

The theme is figuring out how to make solid community based decisions on content and methodology for future releases.

Remember, no Monday meeting on 5/28 due to US Holiday.

details, details...

1) Interesting news and events relevant to Aperi technical development
        nada: we jumped straight to V0.3 issues

2) The current release (V0.3)
        Jenny: Tried windows install, missing dll mscvc.dll - Todd on the case

3) The next release (V0.4):
        Dave: iterative model for r0.4, we will discuss the R0.4 requirements at the next Monday meeting and the first Wednesday meeting after that will be dedicated to development and release methodology

4) Beyond releases: Aperi SRM trends and futures
        Todd: How about install issues for next week, decision about ant installer?,
        Dave: install goals: make it easier for user to get it right, make it easier for us to maintain and modify.

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

Back to the top