Re: [aperi-dev] R0.3 RC1 results so far

Brenda,
What is left in regards to IP approvals:
        iText 1.3 - new to this release, but can be downloaded automatically thru the installer
        org.mortbay.jaas 5.1.10 - new to this release, but can be downloaded automatically thru the installer
        geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.1.jar - replacement of the old j2ee.jar (still inconvenient to end-user)
        jh.jar (Java Help) - the oldest and still the most inconvenient to the end-user; can be replaced by Eclipse Help (significant change)

Todd Singleton
Software Engineer, Tivoli, IBM
Menlo Park, CA
email: toddsing@xxxxxxxxxx

Brenda Haynes/Raleigh/IBM@ibmus
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/15/2007 06:24 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] R0.3 RC1 results so far

I had a question. Do we need to do something to better document the cfgaperi easy option to help folks do this successfully or know when not to use this route.

My two cents on the Linux install instructions, I think we should provide them..I was thinking Robert got us a base on this for the 0.2 milestone but maybe that was build instructions?

With the recent IP Approvals from Eclipse: can someone give me the run down on what is left in the prereq list that we can not include in our Aperi package and of those prereqs can they all be automated by cfgaperi?
thanks, Brenda

Brenda Haynes
Director, Aperi Open Source Project
zStorage SW Product Management
IBM Software Group
bhaynes@xxxxxxxxxx
877-328-8470 T/L (930)-5127

Inactive hide details for "David Wolfe" <2dwolfe@xxxxxxxxx>"David Wolfe" <2dwolfe@xxxxxxxxx>

"David Wolfe" <2dwolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/15/2007 02:14 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Aperi Development" <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [aperi-dev] R0.3 RC1 results so far

Chris owns the windows instructions. He should work with me and or Craig to resolve any specific issues (I think the emails have stated the file name changes etc).
The general issue of the complexity of the install is out of scope for V0.3 and will get resolved as we get IP issues solved and can bundle the bits.

We don't have a requirement to provide install instructions for Linux in V0.3 (we haven't provided them before now). I think this should be a high priority fix-it item for an early milestone release of V0.4.

There are only two things that cfgaperi can download: itext and jaas.
Everything else is either bundled or must be downloaded by hand.
I think Todd would be the logical owner of the definitive list of 3rd party SW that still needs to be downloaded. Todd, can you provide that list to Chris?

Is there any reason why the documentation issues can't get turned around today?

I think Craig claimed ownership of the two Linux problems.

There is no defect for the adm group issue. Sounds like an issue that's been around for awhile and the work around is don't use 'easy' mode unless the adm group works for you.
Can we file an enhancement for that and deal with it in the next release?

Sounds like SCSI bug (176657) has a fix already? This one looks like it should go into V0.3 since it causes a crash and we seem to have a fix and the risk seems low?
Is that right? Or can we defer this one as well?

-DaveW

On 5/15/07, Tom Guinane <