Re: [aperi-dev] Aperi R0.3 Release Candidate 1 available for download!

I can comment on a few of these issues:

1. server.config -> adminGroup
> Application Problems:
> in file /opt/aperi/datasvr/configuration/server.config the entry
> adminGroup="Administrators"
> is set instead of the Linux/Unix group "adm"
> resulting in a GUI errormessage (SRV0109E Group not found) during GUI
> logon.
We can fix this problem for users that setup Aperi without the 'easy' option by prompting from the administrator group, but I' not sure how to fix the 'easy' scenario. Can do suggest a different user group that will work on most flavors of linux?

2. Bug 176657
http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #
I gave the wrong status for this bug because I confused it with a different issue. No, my machine doesn't have SCSI disks but I'll find one that does.

-- Craig
Craig Laverone | 408-284-4897 | laverone@xxxxxxxxxx | Aperi Development | http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

Inactive hide details for "Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>"Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>

          "Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          05/15/2007 07:49 AM

          Please respond to
          Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Aperi Development" <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

<OF32A0A57B.D3D2BF34-ONC12572DC.0038E95D-C12572DC.004EAD5A@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Christoph Reichert <Christoph.Reichert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I performed the 0.3 installation on a Linux system:

> Geronimo
> *geronimo- j2ee_1.4_spec- 1.1.jar is hard to find without a path, please add
> directory "geronimo- 1.1/repository/org/apache/geronimo/specs"
> *geronimo- j2ee_1.4_spec- 1.1.jar has to be copied to the
> plugins/javax.j2ee_1.0.0 folder, not plugins/

I was under the impression geronimo was included...

> Application Problems:
> in file /opt/aperi/datasvr/configuration/server.config the entry
> adminGroup="Administrators"
> is set instead of the Linux/Unix group "adm"
> resulting in a GUI errormessage (SRV0109E Group not found) during GUI
> logon.

For R2 I was creating a group adm, and adding root to it;
Iirc this was going to be changed for R3 to work by default.

> Cannot open /etc/hba.conf

This means you don't have a fibre channel HBA in your
server (it's a warning from SNIA's HBA API libhbaapi.so when
trying to open your non-existent HBA)

> #
> # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
> #
> #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb777871b, pid=17935, tid=2729560992
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (1.5.0_11- b03 mixed mode)
> # Problematic frame:
> # V  [libjvm.so+0x2be71b]

Just to confirm, Sun JDK 1.5 is the correct version for R3?

> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as
> hs_err_pid17935.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #
http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #

Do you have SCSI disks in your server? This might be bug
#176657 (due to the native code trying to callback to Java in
order to log a message). Craig: did you sync your changes
to CVS, I don't see the fixes there?

Hth,
Robert