Re: [aperi-dev] Aperi R0.3 Release Candidate 1 available for download!

Hello,

I performed the 0.3 installation on a Linux system:

Installation Problems:

BIRT Runtime:
*The copy instructions relate to Windows (xcopy command etc),
*typo in the directory structure, "\r" is missing, Iassume the 2nd escaping
"\" is missing in the source
[aperi_install_directory]\plugins\org.eclipse.aperi.reporting_5.0.0
\web\birt-viewer eport

* here are the commands I used to copy the birt files, Aperi installation
directory was /opt/aperi.
There is no "aperi" directory included in the aperi-zip, so this might
confuse because the instructions refer to
[aperi_install_directory]\Aperi\plugins

 unzip  birt-runtime-2.1.2.zip
 cp /opt/aperi/plugins/org.eclipse.aperi.reporting_5.0.0
/web/birt-viewer/WEB-INF/web.xml .
 cp -r -f birt-runtime-2_1_2/WebViewerExample/*
/opt/aperi/plugins/org.eclipse.aperi.reporting_5.0.0/web/birt-viewer/
 cp web.xml /opt/aperi/plugins/org.eclipse.aperi.reporting_5.0.0
/web/birt-viewer/WEB-INF/web.xml

I have not checked the xcopy options in detail, I just did a recursive copy
of all content of the WebViewerExample folder. Hope I didn't miss
something.

Dojo
*File Download link failed, new name seems to be
http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-0.4.2/dojo-0.4.2p1-ajax.zip
* instructions refer to "step 3" but steps are not numbered

Geronimo
*geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.1.jar is hard to find without a path, please add
directory "geronimo-1.1/repository/org/apache/geronimo/specs"
*geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.1.jar has to be copied to the
plugins/javax.j2ee_1.0.0 folder, not plugins/

The section about what is downloaded automatically and what has to be
downloaded manually is really confusing and needs clarification. Is the
automatic download also performed during "easy" configuration?

Application Problems:
in file /opt/aperi/datasvr/configuration/server.config the entry
adminGroup="Administrators"
is set instead of the Linux/Unix group "adm"
resulting in a GUI errormessage (SRV0109E Group not found) during GUI
logon.

The start/stop procedures does not work for Linux, because only one
command-window is opened, the Aperi process has to be stopped using the
kill <pid> command.
For the manual start procedure the reporting server is missing.

The agent is dies with the following error:
norderney:/opt/aperi/agent # ./agent
May 15, 2007 4:03:21 AM org.mortbay.http.HttpServer doStart
INFO: Version Jetty/5.1.x
May 15, 2007 4:03:21 AM org.mortbay.util.Container start
INFO: Started org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler@e49dcd
May 15, 2007 4:03:21 AM org.mortbay.util.Container start
INFO: Started HttpContext[/,/]
May 15, 2007 4:03:22 AM org.mortbay.http.SocketListener start
INFO: Started SocketListener on 0.0.0.0:9570
May 15, 2007 4:03:22 AM org.mortbay.util.Container start
INFO: Started org.mortbay.http.HttpServer@419d05
SOAP Service Manager: Unable to read 'DeployedServices.ds': assuming fresh
start
Cannot open /etc/hba.conf
#
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb777871b, pid=17935, tid=2729560992
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (1.5.0_11-b03 mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [libjvm.so+0x2be71b]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as
hs_err_pid17935.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
./agent: line 5: 17935 Aborted                 "/opt/jre1.5.0_11/bin/java"
-Xmx128m -Dosgi.install.area=.. -Dosgi.configuration.area=./configuration
-Declipse.application.noDefault=true -Dconnector.ssl.enabled=true
-Dorg.osgi.service.http.port=9570 -cp startup.jar
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main
norderney:/opt/aperi/agent #

Is this because I am running on a SLES 10 Linux server instead of redhat?
I would prefer to setup my testsystem for the Linux article on SUSE, does
anyone have a hint here?

Nevertheless I was able to startup the Aperi server and  the rcpgui.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, best regards

Christoph Reichert

Storage Software Development, Eclipse Aperi Project
IBM Deutschland, Mainz, Germany
Phone: +49-6131/84-5962, Fax: -6099
mailto:Christoph.Reichert@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hans Ulrich Maerki
Geschäftsführung: Martin Jetter (Vorsitzender), Rudolf Bauer, Christian
Diedrich, Christoph Grandpierre, Matthias Hartmann, Thomas Fell, Michael
Diemer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940