Re: [aperi-dev] Aperi R0.3 Release Candidate 1 available for download!

The third party download code currently grabs jaas and iText.

-- Craig
Craig Laverone | 408-284-4897 | laverone@xxxxxxxxxx | Aperi Development | http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

Inactive hide details for Hans Lin/San Jose/IBM@IBMUSHans Lin/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS

          Hans Lin/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
          Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          05/14/2007 03:10 PM

          Please respond to
          Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

aperi-news@xxxxxxxxxxx, aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx, aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

Re: [aperi-dev] Aperi R0.3 Release Candidate 1 available for download!

My experience with installing Aperi_R0.3_incubation_RC1.zip on windows platform following Aperi Storage Manager Installation Instructions:

Using the easy mode -
cfgaperi easy

There is no more Download third party software option so we need to manually download the additional required components:
I noticed there is a conflict between
Download Java Enterprise Edition 1.3. & Download Geronimo 1.1.
Ted had 'Use geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.1.jar instead of j2ee.jar in javax.j2ee plugin' so the step '
Download Java Enterprise Edition 1.3.' should be
eliminated.
The step 4 of
Download Geronimo 1.1. - Copy geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.1.jar to [aperi_install_dir]\plugins should be Copy geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.1.jar to [aperi_install_dir]\plugins\javax.j2ee_1.0.0
The
step 4 of Download org.mortbay.jaas 5.1.10 - Copy org.mortbay.jaas.jar to [aperi_install_dir]\plugins should be Copy org.mortbay.jaas.jar to [aperi_install_dir]\plugins\org.eclipse.aperi.reporting.jass_1.0.0

Once I corrected the above errors, I can install Aperi without problems.

Using the regular mode with DB2 as db -
cfgaperi

I said 'YES' to the
Download third party software option, it seems Aperi only downloaded org.mortbay.jaas.5.1.10.jar file and I still needed to manually downloaded the rest of third party components. Once I did that, I was able to install Aperi properly.

Hans H. Lin, Tivoli SAN Software Development
IBM San Jose, California
Phone: 408-284-4917, Fax: 408-256-8507
email: linh@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUSDave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUS

                  Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUS
                  Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

                  05/14/2007 12:44 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

aperi-news@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject

[aperi-dev] Aperi R0.3 Release Candidate 1 available for download!

Hi All,

Be advised that Aperi R0.3 Release Candidate 1 has been uploaded to the Eclipse download site.

Here is the URL for the bits:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/aperi/Aperi_R0.3_incubation_RC1.zip
Here is the URL for the install instructions:

http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/documentation/r3/install.php

As always, we are looking for volunteers to try it out and provide feedback on the install procedure...

Dave Wolfe/Portland/
IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky