Re: [aperi-dev] Aperi Development Architecture/Design Meeting Agenda for 5/2

Attendees:
Dave Wolfe, Todd Singleton, Christoph Reichert, Tom Guinane, Rodica Ciurea, John Crandall, Craig Laverone, Allen Clark, Robert Wipfel, Hans Lin

1) Interesting news and events relevant to Aperi technical development
       a) Eclipse Europa what's in it for us?

        Todd: Just currency

2) The current release (V0.3)
       a) Testing, testing, ...

        Hans: the configuration process is too complicated
        Robert Wipfel: cfgaperi looking for jars in the wrong place on linux, will file a bugzilla
        Hans: isolated builds, need new web.xml for testing, when will we get a new build?
        Todd: build broke (GUI?), working on it

3) The next release (V0.4)
       a) How do we do MS releases?

        Robert: Yes, Iterative Development Models good, nightly builds good, at least smaller iterations, technical previews?
        Todd: Full builds contains some 3rd party code, need to rearrange that for regular uploads, do partials?
        Dave: Schedule meeting to discuss build & release processes for V0.4

4) Beyond releases: Aperi SRM trends and futures

        Dave: Proposed IRC  as a communication method
                Robert: has experience, useful, has log, servers freely available, or outsource the hosting, bad side not everyone available all the time. Use email for more async, use wiki for final decisions.
                Dave: will investigate setting up an IRC (freenode.net?)

Christof: linux magazine article, special edition targeted to admins, 5 pages in two weeks, can we do it in that time?
Tom: Yeah, go for it, need a draft in about a week for review.

As always if I missed or misstated anything let me know and I will correct it...

-DaveW

Back to the top