Re: [aperi-dev] Installing/running Aperi v0.3 - required third-party packages

The servers were installed on Windows.

For the rcp client part, the rcp gui build generates two archives:
- org.eclipse.aperi.rcp.gui.build.feature-AperiGUI-linux.gtk.x86.zip
- org.eclipse.aperi.rcp.gui.build.feature-AperiGUI-win32.win32.x86.zip

but only the files from org.eclipse.aperi.rcp.gui.build.feature-AperiGUI-win32.win32.x86.zip were included into aperi-20070430-121518.zip

I thought that the Birt and Dojo files would not be put into CVS but would be included into the GSA build.

I succeded to configure DB2 only after manually creating the Aperi database. When the Aperi database was created by the configuration script, I encountered some errors but I didn't analyze them yet.

Regards,
Rodica

Dave Wolfe <dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/02/2007 03:48 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] Installing/running Aperi v0.3 - required third-party        packages

Hey Rodica, thanks!

Would you open some bugzillas for these, so we can track them? Were these on Windows or Linux or both?

- to copy the birt, dojo and Linux rcp gui files
                                        (copying Birt and Dojo is in the install instructions, but what Linux RCP GUI files did you need to copy?)
- to add the jdbc drivers to the configurator classpath for DB2
                       (I already opened 185028)
- some temporization issues when the Aperi db needs to be created on DB2
        (not sure what you mean here)
- some problems when setting the reports location
                                (I think this is fixed, no bugzilla, should be in the next build)

Thanks again,

Dave Wolfe/Portland/
IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

Rodica Ciurea <rodica_ciurea@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/02/2007 04:36 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] Installing/running Aperi v0.3 - required third-party        packages

I succeeded to test the reports using the  aperi-20070430-121518 build (with both Derby and DB2).

The
MANIFEST.MF for the reporting plugin resolves the classpath for the JDBC drivers at runtime.

There are still some build and configuration issues that I had to manually fix:

- to copy the birt, dojo and Linux rcp gui files

- to add the jdbc drivers to the configurator classpath for DB2

- some temporization issues when the Aperi db needs to be created on DB2

- some problems when setting the reports location

Regards,

Rodica

Dave Wolfe <dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/01/2007 08:13 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] Installing/running Aperi v0.3 - required third-party        packages

Craig, Todd: the MANIFEST.MF for the reporting plugin contains the following:
Require-Bundle: org.mortbay.jetty,org.eclipse.aperi.db,org.eclipse.ape
ri.reporting.jaas

Will that resolve the classpath for the JDBC drivers at runtime?

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 9:57 AM