Re: [aperi-dev] Linux RCP Gui setup for BIRT report test

Hi Hans,

Thank you for giving me access to your Linux machine. I connected using vnc and I started the rcp gui, but unfortunately I could not access my report server because it seems that the US firewall does not allow the client to connect to an outsite server.

Could you please let me know when a reports server will be installed on the Linux machine?

Regards,
Rodica

Hans Lin <linh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/19/2007 10:19 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Linux RCP Gui setup for BIRT report test

Hi Rodica:

I unzipped the build of
org.eclipse.aperi.rcp.gui.build.feature-AperiGUI_20070419-linux.gtk.x86.zip into /AperiRcpGui of my Linux test machine ( wallace.storage.sanjose.ibm.com - 9.43.236.23 ), I setup the vncserver so you should be able to VNC into it ( 9.43.236.23:1) the pw = dqh2pass

you need to export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.5.0_11
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
before running ./AperiRcpGui

Hans H. Lin, Tivoli SAN Software Development
IBM San Jose, California
Phone: 408-284-4917, Fax: 408-256-8507
email: linh@xxxxxxxxxx