Re: [aperi-dev] Build reports

I'm mostly concerned about the size of the email, so a summary email sounds fine to me. (BTW, the URL would point to a document that has the detailed build output).

Thanks,
Sumant

Ted Slupesky/Portland/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/05/2007 09:40 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] Build reports

I prefer sending out a summary email -- we probably don't need to clutter up Eclipse email archives with a bunch of 5M emails. It would be easy enough to set up aperi-build as a separate list if folks on aperi-dev don't want to see the build summaries; I will assume sending them to aperi-dev is OK unless folks respond otherwise.

Todd, can you switch the build mail to just be summaries? I suggest we leave the 'URL details' to a second phase since it's not clear at the moment what the URL should point to.

--
Ted Slupesky | Eclipse Aperi Project Lead | IBM: 349-5413 | External: (503) 820-3853

Sumant Padbidri/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/04/2007 07:37 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Build reports

Hi folks,

Build reports from the regular builds are getting quite large in size (the last one was 5.5 MB) and I'm not sure if they are useful to everyone on this list. Please consider the following options:

- Create a separate mailing list for folks interested in regular build reports.

AND/OR

- Instead of including the entire report in the email, consider including just the status (success/failure) and a URL that can provide details.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Sumant