Re: [aperi-dev] Wednesday meeting, call for agenda items

Hey Ted,

I've missed the past few development meetings, so I'm sorry if this has already been discussed... But I'm wondering, would it be possible for you to share the rationale behind moving to 3.3 for R4? Do we expect to pick-up specific features / bug fixes? Or, is it being done in a general effort to stay current w/ Eclipse? Just curious...

Regards,
Khan Tasinga
IBM Tivoli Software Engineer (Storage Management Development - TPC / Aperi)

Ted Slupesky/Portland/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/21/2007 09:38 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] Wednesday meeting, call for agenda items

Attendees: Christoph Craig Dave Ted Jenny Rodica John

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/19/2007 04:28:28 PM:

> - Picking an Eclipse release to standardize on for R4.

We agreed that R4 will be based on Eclipse 3.3, which is targeted for June release. Milestone builds are currently available. The first step will be for one developer (me) to upgrade the IDE to the milestone build and check compatibility. After tests pass, we update the nightly build to match the 3.3 milestone build, and all developers update to the same build (so that IDE and nightly build match). We repeat this periodically until 3.3 is released.

Tom, let's talk on Monday on how to reflect this in the schedule.

> - Update on J2EE implementation topic

I have had preliminary success with the Apache J2EE implementation and am ready to move forward. We'll do some more testing, then update the nightly build, install instructions, and so on. This will also require developers to change their J2EE implementations.

> Dave may want to say a few words about the reporting GUI in R3?

Dave discussed an approach he is pursuing for R3 that involves hosting the BIRT engine on the server, rather than the client. This is a simpler approach and more compatible with our intended direction. He will demo this in next week's meeting, using a publically available web conferencing system.

--
Ted Slupesky | Eclipse Aperi Project Lead | IBM: 349-5413 | External: (503) 820-3853