[aperi-dev] Minutes for 1/16/07 component leads meeting

Attendees:
Khan, Todd, Rodica, Marcus, Chris K., Craig, Christoph, Tom

Minutes:

1.        API Documentation
  • Common areas:
    • Khan posted his questions for the Data Server and some team members have noticed that these are common across components; serviceability, logging, etc. Khan wanted to know who was responsible for writing about those things?
    • After some discussion, Khan volunteered to address the common questions as they relate to the Data Server.  The rest of the component owners will add to them for their areas as they see fit.
    • Todd will assist Khan with documentation about the connector.
    • Long term plans - Chris to take the documentation and do some organizing and editing as needed.  He will determine how to address the common areas after he views the documentation
    • The team should attach their documentation here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/architecture
    2.        Porting tracks
    • Khan sent out an email over the weekend and is prepared to check in tracks today.  He plans to get everything into CVS and test as part of 0.3
    • A general question came up as to how people are going to test prior to IDVT?  Each person will do some unit testing, but it was suggested we resurrect the smoke tests until 0.3 IDVT starts.  Tom will ask the test team if this can be done.
    • Also, Khan asked that the smoketest procedure be posted on the wiki so anyone who is doing track porting could use this to test their changes.  Tom will ask the test team for this as well.
    3.        GUI Help (Eclipse vs Java help)
    • We still have a decision to make regarding which help system to go with for release 0.3, Eclipse or Java help for the RCP.  Chris will draft a post to aperi-dev tomorrow suggesting we use Java help now and Eclipse later.  We need to get feedback from the community that this is the correct approach.  Based on the feedback, Chris and the GUI team will determine what to use.
    4.        Facilitating meeting attendance
    • No non-IBM attendees were in attendance, so we deferred the topic to a later meeting
    5.     Enhanced Reporting Capabilities for Aperi - release and integration of the simplified schema
    • Dave was unable to make the meeting - topic was deferred

    Cheers,   Tom
    Tom Guinane     Aperi Program Manager     IBM     408-284-4795     guinane@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top