Re: [aperi-dev] BIG GUI Checkin

Yeah, definitely good stuff!

The new GUI projects (i.e., org.eclipse.aperi.rcp.gui, org.eclipse.aperi.rcp.gui.communication, org.eclipse.aperi.rcp.gui.report, etc.) introduce a host of new dependencies. I'm wondering, are those dependencies documented somewhere (e.g., the Wiki)? Also, are there any plans to either update the existing aperi.psf file, or create a new RCP GUI specific psf file (maybe something like aperi-rcp.psf?) to make it easy for developers new to Aperi to extract the RCP GUI source code, and its dependencies, from CVS?

Regards,
Khan Tasinga
IBM Tivoli Software Engineer / Aperi Development
Phone: (408) 284-5142 | T/L: 8-953-5142
Email: kmtasing@xxxxxxxxxx

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/13/2006 04:29 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] BIG GUI Checkin

Awesome! I checked out the code and it builds clean... Haven't run it yet...

Dave Wolfe/Portland/
IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

GUI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi http://www.ibm.com

If all of your problems look like nails you should invest in a good hammer - Unknown

Ophelia Yip/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/13/2006 09:47 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] BIG GUI Checkin

Hi all,

I am just done with a BIG GUI checkin to the Eclipse CVS. A larger number of GUI files in org.eclipse.aperi.common plugin have been updated.

I also checked in two new plugins:
- org.eclipse.aperi.rcp.gui
- org.eclipse.aperi.rcp.gui.communication

A new launcher for the RCP GUI was also checked in under AperiDebug/RunAperiRCPGUI.launch. You can use it to launch the Aperi RCP gui which now contains a view of the legacy Aperi GUI. However, there is currently a slight problem with popup box asking to collect system statistics. If this is the first time you try to start the GUI and no system statistics have been collected before, the RCP GUI will not come up. Fortunately, there is a workaround. The problem can be bypassed by running the Aperi legacy GUI first and have it collect the statistics for the first time; then, run the RCP GUI and it will come up. I will try to fix this problem as soon as possible.

Note that it is ok to have both the Aperi RCP GUI and the Legacy GUI up and running at the same time.

Feel free to share your thoughts after you get a chance to check out the RCP GUI.

Regards,

Ophelia Yip
Phone: (408)256-9825, Tie-line: 6-9825
TPC Development
IBM Tivoli Storage Business Unit, San Jose, CA