[aperi-dev] Checking Native Binaries into CVS

Currently, native binary construction is cumbersome. For Windows, one must not only have access to MS Visual C++ 6.0, but also download the Windows DDK and MS Platform SDK. And we don't really have a good story in place for Linux. While we have a process in place that works for our nightly builds, its results don't seem easy to reproduce.

During an earlier development call, Marcus floated the notion of checking pre-built native binaries into CVS. I thought it was a pretty good idea. Our native binaries don't seem to change very often. And having the binaries in CVS might make it easier for interested developers to get up and running with our code.

Alternatively, once we start posting nightly builds, we can provide instructions on how to setup a development environment using the native binaries they contain.

Any thoughts on this? Maybe we can discuss this a bit in our next development call.

Regards,
Khan Tasinga
IBM Tivoli Software Engineer / Aperi Development
Phone: (408) 284-5142 | T/L: 8-953-5142
Email: kmtasing@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top