Re: [aperi-dev] Future CTP Certification & SNW Interoperability Demos

Khan, my feeling is that we should definitely engage in CTP testing when we implement support for a new profile (at least  for new profiles that have CTP tests!). So if we assume that R4 will add, say, fabric, then we would want to pursue CTP for that. In the interim I don't feel like it's a priority to re-test R2, R3 for the profiles we've already passed.

Also, while I think participating in the interop demo was great for Fall SNW, I don't feel that we need to also participate in the Spring demo. It's a lot of work, as you know, and I think we ought to take a breather.
--
Ted Slupesky | Eclipse Aperi Project Lead | IBM: 349-5413 | External: (503) 820-3853

Khan M Tasinga/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/06/2006 04:09 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Future CTP Certification & SNW Interoperability Demos

Aperi 0.1 is CTP certified for array discovery (SMI-S 1.0.2) and array management (SMI-S 1.1.0). By the end of 1Q2007, the plan is to release two new versions of Aperi. Per our roadmap, there will be the 0.2 release, focused on componentization and extensibility, and the 0.3 release, focused on the construction of an Eclipse RCP GUI. As such, I'd like to throw out a couple of questions:

* Short-term, how important is it for Aperi to get its upcoming releases CTP certified?

* Long-term, how do we want to approach CTP certification?

Also, Aperi participated, with 0.1, in the Interoperability Demo at SNW Fall 2006 in Orlando. I believe the next SNW is in April 2007. What are people's thoughts on the importance of Interoperability Demo participation?

Regards,

Khan Tasinga
IBM Tivoli Software Engineer
Dept: DQUA / Bldg: 050 / Office: A152