[amp-dev] Antwort: Formatting..

Yes, we should all use the same formatting. Eclipse-built-in formattting would be okay. But we'd rather prefer using greater line length for code and comments as we talked about it earlier. Besides, we'd like to use indentations for switch cases.
We're using only two white spaces instead or tab to win space on display. But we're open to different preferences. Most important is that all committers use the same formatting as you mentioned it. And this settings should be available on git as well!

So here comes our proposed settings. See attachment.

Von:        Miles Parker <milesparker@xxxxxxxxx>
Datum:        01.07.2011 20:21
Betreff:        [amp-dev] Formatting..
Gesendet von:        amp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, me again...

I'm sure you guys have all noticed that the git and patch revisions deltas aren't smart enough to ignore white space. At some point in the past all the source files were set up for 4 spaces as opposed to a tab. Basically righ now diffs are unreadable as I'm sure you've also noticed. Let's reformat the entire source code base so that we can start fresh? I'm assuming that you guys are using the standard formatting.

cheers,

Miles