[amp-dev] SD integration

Hi Miles,

Implementing System Dynamics has reached a point where we’re able to simulate a simple SD model with AMP. It’s just calculating, no visualization yet.

We’ve extended AMP at three different spots:
-  metaabm.ecore (reference to SD model integrated)
-  org.eclipse.amp.escape.amf.ide.EscapeAMFProjectWizard (SD builder added)
-  org.eclipse.amp.escape.ide.ProjectLoader (classpath extended for SD)

Code has not yet reached a point where it is ready to be committed, though. The question arises how to integrate our SD into the existing AMP without any dependencies from AMP to SD. Why wouldn’t we want any dependencies from AMP to SD? – At least while SD is still in an experimental state, it should not affect AMP’s release cycle.

Our approach: Make SD an extension on top of AMP! Therefore we need AMP to have extension points to register our SD components.
Would you support our efforts on that matter? Should we implement the needed extension points in AMP?

Cheers, Jonas

Jonas Rüttimann
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Fon +41 71 226 12 29
Fax +41 71 226 12 13
Web http://www.fhsg.ch

FHS St.Gallen, Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften
IMS-FHS | Poststrasse 28 | Postfach 1664 | 9001 St.Gallen | Switzerland

Mitglied der FHO Fachhochschule Ostschweiz

Back to the top