[amalgam-dev] Amalgam discovery

Hi Cedric

Amalgam is providing some useful functionality, but it's all a bit secret...

I needed to use Alt-Shift-F1 to confirm that the Modeling Discovery UI is an Amalgam contribution.

Searching for Modeling Discovery on the wiki reveled no obvious mention of amalgam. The amalgam project pages refer to the Ganymede release train.
--
I just used the Modeling Discovery UI to install Xtext; very good UI once you find it. (I only discovered it after a mention at EclipseCon caused me to ask you).

It would probably help a bit if the Welcome page had an additional prominent icon advertising the Modeling Discovery UI. (use the org.eclipse.ui.intro.configExtension extension point.)

It might also be good to have Help->Modeling Discovery UI... adjacent to Help->Install New Software...

Contrasting "Modeling Discovery UI" with "Install New Software", "Modeling Discovery UI" is a good name describing the technical implementation but a bad name from the user's perspective. Perhaps "Install Modeling Software".
---
Anyway, I'm trying to find out what is necessary for M2M/QVTd and MDT/OCL Examples to install via the discovery UI.

Is visibility achieved by application to you?

I would like to be able to discover:
    Platform examples
    EMF Core examples
    MDT/OCL examples