[amalgam-dev] First download available for testing

Hello,

I've posted the first 'DSL Toolkit' builds here (sorry, no fancy download
pages yet):

http://download1.eclipse.org/modeling/amalgam/dsltk/downloads/drops/I2008082
61042/dsltk.win32.win32.x86.zip
http://download1.eclipse.org/modeling/amalgam/dsltk/downloads/drops/I2008082
61042/dsltk.linux.gtk.x86.tar.gz
http://download1.eclipse.org/modeling/amalgam/dsltk/downloads/drops/I2008082
61042/dsltk.macosx.carbon.x86.tar.gz

These build artifacts are produced using a .product file and PDE build (with
additional p2-ification step).  Scripts are in the
org.eclipse.amalgam.releng project, though I plan to generate these from the
.product file, eventually (after the workarounds are removed).

I've only tested the Mac version, aside from a startup test on the Windows
one.  If you have time, please give these a smoke test and provide feedback.
Specifically, note:

- Modeling project splash screen
- DSL Toolkit Welcome page (placeholder content that aligns with book
examples)
- DSL Perspective
- DSL Project type (adds QVT and Xtend natures, etc. and basic folder
structure)
- Capability definitions - original project wizard contributions hidden by
default, while remaining UI contributions remain
- Wizard reorganization (to fit 'DSL Toolkit' theme)

I'm currently including just those projects/components I need for the book
examples, but plan to include alternatives with capabilities for keeping the
UI clean.  Now, I include: EMF, GEF, GMF, MWE, Xpand, UML2, OCL, QTV, QVT,
and UML2 Tools SDKs.

Next, I'll add the sample projects and fill out the Welcome content.
Afterwards, I'll work on the "Practitioner" modeling product definition and
build, which should include just Ecore and UML2 modeling (not full SDKs or
dev focus).

Best,
Rich

Back to the top