[amalgam-dev] Re: oAW in Amalgam

As I recall, just the product line code is left from oAW.  This should go to
EMFT, in my opinion.

As for the remaining glue code, I can't imagine there is much here.  I'd
like to see a base set of Modeling glue that can be used by adopters, with
perhaps some specific code to accompany each distro.  In the case of oAW,
how is it not just a general Modeling collection that favors Xpand over JET,
Xtend over ATL, Xtext over TCS, etc.?  As discussed at EclipseCon, why not a
general solution that enables/disables capabilities to allow the user to
select the tool collection they prefer?  In this way, each distro may define
a set of defaults, and perhaps some minimal branding.

- Rich

Back to the top