[alf-events] Eclipse ALF POC Schedule Meeting Minutes Fri 11/18 11:00 am PT

Title: Eclipse ALF POC Schedule Meeting Tue 10/18 8:00 am PT
Attendees: Serena, Catalyst, Secure

Project Plan Updates:

On schedule for all tasks.

Hardware installed & internal access setup.  Need to get an IP address from all external companies (details in Tim's email).  Currently installing Serena products.  Should be ready for other POC participants installs the week of 11/28.  Should have separate installs on different java ports.  If you prefer a particular port, let Tim know.  He would like to keep 8080 off-limits for the ALF event manager (or may leave this off-limits for all for Tomcat).  Can use Windows remote control to install.  Secure uses Mac so installs need to be addressed - may need to use a Windows or possibly FTP.  Tim will check with IT on this.  We'll need to coordinate days for folks to install on, so think of times that work for you and we'll coordinate.  Secure installation will take ~30 minutes.  Catalyst will need to reboot the machine with install.  We'll need to coordinate everyone getting on the machine - Tim will work with this.

Action Item Updates:

Version of Tomcat to use - Preferred version is 5.5.12.  With separate installs, folks can use a different one if they really prefer.  Closed this action.

Sample Project RCP -
 - The Eclipse RCP Web Browser example project will be an excellent candidate for Segue.  Bob is available to assist others or answer questions regarding this Browser project.
 - Secure is having issues, Tim will work with John on getting the right version.
 - Can be run independently.
 - Will work for Catalyst.
 - Will leave open 1 more week to ensure everyone is working OK.

Versions of software for POC - Axis 1.1, JVM 1.4.2, Tomcat 5.5.12 - appear to be OK for all.  Closed this action.
 - Notes from Bob:

I tested running the proposed Java 1.4.2 and Tomcat 5.5.* with the compatibility jar files.  I did this with Axis 1.1.  My working web stubs tested successfully.  I would say to the group not to be concerned about the compatibility jars: they simply add the xml parsing ability to java 1.4.2 by including the xerces xml parser and apis.  I suspect that if the xerces parser is unsuitable for a vendor, then they may be successful by putting their parser jar in the %CATALINA_HOME%\common\endorsed\ directory.

 I also tested the proposed Java 1.4.2, Tomcat 5.5.12, and Axis 1.1 configuration on a POC recommended Windows 2003 machine while simultaneously running the Segue tool’s Resin/Axis 1.1 web services.  I found no errors with these processes running simultaneously.

Project names for POC - Tasks identified last week.  Will leave open to ensure this is properly implemented.

VMWare Image - Need to get copies of the image to POC participants once we're done.  We believe the OS key can work if we get a key from the participants when we're ready to get copies.  Everything else should be an Eval license or internal products.  The OS is Server 2003.  Tim will work offline with folks when needed.

Command line execution or some client to test Web Services
 - Notes from Bob:

I created an ant script that tests the Segue web services.  It executes and displays the results of a suite of JUnit tests.  It follows a simple usage that others may want to implement:

 Command: “ant help” displays example usage

 Command: “ant test” runs the JUnit test suite and shows results for each test.  Points test to localhost port 8080 by default.

 Command: “ant –DsvcURL=http://alf.serena.com:8080/AlfTestMgtSvc test”, points tests to a particular service URL, runs and shows test results.

 Sample test output below:

 C:\ant test

 test:

    [junit] Testsuite: com.segue.www.alf.poc.unittests._TestAlfPocTm

    [junit] Tests run: 16, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 6.309 sec

     [junit] Testcase: testAuthtenticateUser took 5.338 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testAuthtenticateUserNullValues took 0.13 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testAuthtenticateUserInvalidUser took 0.04 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testAuthtenticateUserInvalidPassword took 0.04 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testAuthtenticateUserInvalidAll took 0.03 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testTestBuildAllValid took 0.08 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testTestBuildProject took 0.08 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testTestBuildProduct took 0.09 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testTestBuildBuild took 0.05 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testTestBuildVersion took 0.051 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testTestBuildEventID took 0.05 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testTestBuildTestType took 0.07 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testNewTestResultsAllValid took 0.03 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testNewTestResultsStatus took 0.06 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testNewTestResultsReference took 0.05 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testNewTestResultsCallBackURI took 0.11 sec

Other Notes:

All POC participants need to plan for licensing/eval of their software for the POC.  Secure & Catalyst plan to use Trial/Eval copies to share software.  Can it be extended or must it be re-installed?  Need to plan for refreshes as needed.  Need to pass by Legal departments to ensure everyone is OK with their plans.

No meeting next week.  Next meeting Friday 12/2.