RE: [alf-dev] ALF SCM Vocabulary and SCM events

Hi Yetkin,

Note: even though the ALF doesn't say so, I recommned using XML NCNames for the Event values such as EventType and ObjectType (basically  alfa-numeric - no spaces or punctuation marks)

There are two ways to proceed.

1. propose the event for the vocabualry.  If you are serious about this then probably it should be a bit more formal.

2. use a custom extension than may be specific to your solution.  Custom solutions should use the <Extension> element rather than the <Detail> element

I'm not quite clear what you are trying to achieve and whether this event would come from the ALFSCMServer or the ALFSCMWorkspace.

Conceptually a "commit" comes from a workspace but actually changes the server.

I might expect the event from the server to be be

Event type: ElementsCommitted
Object Type: Branch

The workspace could raise a commit event also but I think the event name might be more specific to the action.  Logically it is same "eventType", just from a different source. So rather then the genric WorkspaceChanged I suggest the following.

Event type: ElementsCommitted
Object Type: Workspace

In either case it seems reasonable that the Detail (if you are going to propose this as the SCM vocabuarly and follow that) or Extension (if you are not) would contain a ChangeSet element as you describe.

Let me know if you want to propose the event definition for the vocabulary.

Tim

I assume you are refering to these types

<xsd:complexType name="ElementVersionType">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="ElementVersionID" type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element name="ElementVersionName" type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element name="ParentElementID" type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element name="AuthorUser" type="UserIDType"/>
<xsd:element name="Content" type="ContentType"/>
<xsd:element name="VersionTimestamp" type="TimestampType"/>
<xsd:element name="VersionComment" type="xsd:string"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

 <xsd:complexType name="ElementVersionCollectionType">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="ElementVersion" type="ElementVersionType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

 <xsd:complexType name="VersionCollectionType">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="VersionCollectionID" type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element name="VersionCollectionName" type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element name="OwnerUser" type="UserIDType"/>
<xsd:element name="CreationTimestamp" type="TimestampType"/>
<xsd:element name="CreationComment" type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element name="Versions" type="ElementVersionCollectionType"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

 <xsd:complexType name="ChangeSetType">
<xsd:complexContent>
<xsd:extension base="VersionCollectionType"/>
</xsd:complexContent>
</xsd:complexType>