Re: [technology-pmc] RE: [alf-dev] Is ALF alive?

Title: New Page 1
Brian,
One thing we may be able to start with sooner is a discussion on interpreting the CVS statistics, as of all the measures of a project, we felt the best about the changes to the codebase, in the sense that substantial improvements and enhancements were made over the last 6 months.  Our sense is that real progress was made on the codebase, especially in the areas of security/SSO and the Event Manager, although we also did trivial across-the-board updates to update the copyright notice.  We suspect the observations in your first note may have reflected spot checks to portions of the code that received no effort except for the trivial IP protection updates.
That is correct - I just did a spot check - sorry if I spot checked the wrong files :-(

In general, however, the PMC is more concerned about the lack of community: no developers talking on the dev mailing list, no users talking on the mailing list, the website not being update (for example, the most recent date on "ALF in the News" in August 2006), etc.

- Bjorn
--
New Page 1 [end of message]

Back to the top