From: alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 11:57 AM
To: technology-pmc; alf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [alf-dev] Is ALF alive?

ALF Team Members,
We, the Technology PMC, notice that ALF doesn't look like a very alive project. The CVS has some commits, but they appear to be almost entirely changing the copyright date and build files. The mailing list http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/alf-dev/ shows no activity since December and even then it was 2-5 messages a month, most saying "no meeting today".  The newsgroup http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.technology.alf/ shows even less activity. Etc.

In summary, we believe that the ALF project is dead, or at best, a code dump without a committer community, an adopter community, or a user community. We invite the ALF project team to meet with the Technology PMC to explain why, in spite of the lack of evidence, this project is not dead. If we do not hear from the team by the end of July, we will understand that the project is inactive and will close it down and archive it.

Bjorn Freeman-Benson
for the Technology PMC
--
[end of message]

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.