[alf-dev] Is ALF alive?

Title: New Page 1
ALF Team Members,
We, the Technology PMC, notice that ALF doesn't look like a very alive project. The CVS has some commits, but they appear to be almost entirely changing the copyright date and build files. The mailing list http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/alf-dev/ shows no activity since December and even then it was 2-5 messages a month, most saying "no meeting today".  The newsgroup http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.technology.alf/ shows even less activity. Etc.

In summary, we believe that the ALF project is dead, or at best, a code dump without a committer community, an adopter community, or a user community. We invite the ALF project team to meet with the Technology PMC to explain why, in spite of the lack of evidence, this project is not dead. If we do not hear from the team by the end of July, we will understand that the project is inactive and will close it down and archive it.

Bjorn Freeman-Benson
for the Technology PMC
--
[end of message]