From: alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Darin Swanson
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:44 AM
To: alf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [alf-dev] Apache Ant IP request questions

Good morning,

I am a committer representative on the Eclipse board.
Therefore I take part in the review for proposals for Eclipse projects usage of non-epl code.

My understanding is that ALF has requested to use Ant JARs from version 1.6.3 and ant-contrib.jar 1.6.3

I would like to know the reasons the ALF project is looking to contribute Ant 1.6.3?
This code base is over 2 years old and is no longer recommended to be used by Apache Ant.
As well, with Ant 1.7.0 being put into Orbit it would possibly seem unnecessary?

Also I am not sure what is "ant-contrib.jar 1.6.3"?

My understanding is that Ant contrib is a separate project from Apache Ant that is hosted at SourceForge.

I believe it is either in release 0.6 or beta for 1.0.

Thank you for your time
Darins

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Back to the top