[alf-dev] Build meeting minutes

Title: Build meeting minutes

1. On the call we determined that so far we have addressed the inputs in to the Build but
have not formally addressed the outputs/results.

The outputs of the build are as follows:

BuildLog - file or http pointer to step output, 0-N occurrences.

ReturnCode - over all SUCESS or FAILURE of the Build.

StepReturnCode - individual Step return codes, 0-n occurrences

Reports - file or http pointer to Build Reports, 0-N occurrences.

BuiltTargetList - list of Targets that where built, 0-N occurrences.

FailedTargetList -  list of Targets that where NOT built, 0-N occurrences.

FailedSourceList - list of Source File that had errors, 0-N occurrences.

These items would be contained in a BuildResults object.

2. Here is the first pass of the Build Vocabulary:

BuildResults Build(Client Machine, SCM Workspace Root Dir,  ProjectName, BuildIdentifier, BuildConfiguration)

Example:

 BuildResults br = Build("zeus","c:\build","Hello World","Version 1","DEBUG");

We may need to pass the SCM Workspace instead of just the SCM Workspace Root  Dir in order
for the Build process to obtain additional information from the SCM tool.

The ProjectName + BuildIdentifier will allow us to obtain the correct Build WorkSpace and then
the BuildConfiguration will allow us to obtain the correct Build options within the Build Workspace.

3.  Next conf call -  9/6 1:30 PDT
Phone Number: 1-913-227-1219
Pass Code: 908088

4.  Send me any updates or corrections by Tuesday 9/5 so I can post this info on the wiki.

Thanks, Steve

--

Catalyst Systems Corporation

Ph: 800-359-8049 x114