RE: [alf-dev] RE: Availability of complete POC sample code

Hi Deepa,
Thanks for the good news.  Let me know what problems you ran into with
the build.xml.

The sample is basically a stubbed version of the first part of the POC
scenario.  By "stubbed I mean there is no real functionality behind the
services.  In the POC scenario, TeamTrack initiates the request, the
source is got and build and Tean track is updated.  The optional Scan
and Test service flow part of the POC are not included in the sample
currently for various reasons althoug the TT service flow will raise the
event to run them

A couple of things that may not be obvious are the service flows and the
event manager client.

The service flows are in the form of ActiveBPEL BPR files.  These are
like .jar files.  You can open them with a .zip utility.  They contain
the BPEL file, the WSDL files and/or the PartnerLink .WSDLs that
reference them and some activeBPEL specific XML deployment files that
tie things together.  The BPEL was actually developed using the Oracle
BPEL designer but can with some minor changes be edited using the Active
BPEL desinger.  I hope to document that and provide Active BPEL eclipse
projects sometime soon.

The event manager client is a library that raise an alf event.  It can
use a file to fill the event and this feature is used in the sample.  It
also allow the caller to override the values of fields when the even is
requested.  It also has a  feature to allow the event to be raised on a
separate thread so that the service stub can simulate an asynchronous
operation in a synchronous request.  For example the request to "build"
returns immediately with a response indicating that it got the request.
However the "build" takes time and when it is done will raise an event.
The client will become a core piece of ALF but the current
implementation needs some refinement and a few fixes.

This is a POC sample so nothing in it represents final work or
interfaces.

Tim