RE: [alf-dev] RE: ALF SCM Vocabulary - Data Model version5+firstpassa schema types

Vinay,

The "data model" description is not supposed to be a full description of
the relationships of the object within the SCM - we are not trying to
build one - but rather describe what might be seen externally that might
be useful in the context of ALF.  Thus Baseline and Changeset are both
Version Collections since it is convenient to re-use the same structure
defintion.

In our vocabulary discussion today, the consensus was that it is more
likely that relationships between Changesets and Baselines are known
outside the SCM and that while it may be useful for an SCM to provide
operations that relate them, it did not seem to be a common use case.

So I guess the question for you is how you would see this being used. Do
you have a use case that would require a formal relationship between
Changeset and Baseline that would necessarily be provided by the SCM? If
so does this need to be expressed in the exposed data structures or is
it sufficient for the SCM to provide operations that would, say, return
the set of changesets associated with a particular baseline etc.

regards
Tim