Re: [alf-dev] RE: ALF SCM Vocabulary - Data Model version 5+firstpass a schema types

I'm not sure that makes much sense. A baseline is going to capture a snapshot of the versions in a configuration at a moment in time. From the wiki: "A baseline is therefore a fixed set of versions, one version per element in a component". At it's most basic level, you are applying a label to some project.

The Change-set is also a collection of versions but it is a much smaller set with a different purpose. This might be the collection that is submitted as part of an atomic check-in, the versions that make up a bug fix, or some other relatively small collection.

For a Baseline to be represented as a collection of Changesets, it would have to include every change-set leading to that baseline in the history of the project. Or, more likely, a previous baseline and the set of changesets that differentiates the two.

I think partial change sets could be a possibility (a bug is half fixed when a baseline is completed) but that's more of a social problem than a technical one.

Cheers,
Eric

Slava Imeshev wrote:

I'd think that a Baseline were a set of ChangeSets then. Otherwise this structure may create possibility of having a baseline consisting of "partial change sets"...

Regards,

Slava Imeshev
vimeshev@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top