RE: [alf-dev] SCM Vocabulary - Workspaces Problem

Hello Richard,
  Can you clarify if I interpret your proposal correctly-

1. I would like to have a central build, probably once a day and
triggered manually. In this case, a flow can be configured in ALF, which
involves invocation of "SCM Service" and later a build. SCM clients do
not come into picture here. The storage area can be in one central
system which stores the archives/build results.

2. I would like to have an on-demand local build of my workspace where
an SCM client is installed. As part of the service flow, I would define
a call to "Workspace Service" and this flow can be initiated by an event
from the SCM client tool to ALF. The storage area is likely to be on
this client system itself and utilized only by the dev environment on
this client system.

Now questions regarding (2) if the above interpretation is correct -
a. Do you mean that in every client system where the SCM client resides,
we need the Workspace service running? There may be hundreds of such
clients.
b. How can ALF be possibly configured to send the "Workspace Object" to
each such SCM Client Workspace Service?

Regards,
Vinay