RE: [alf-dev] SCM Vocabulary - Workspaces Problem

Sounds like we're all converging on agreement. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Tim Buss
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:41 PM
To: ALF Developer Mailing List
Subject: RE: [alf-dev] SCM Vocabulary - Workspaces Problem

I don't see ALF providing a "Workspace" service.  I see SCM's doing
that.

There may be a need for a more rudimentary "storage" service for which
ALF may provide an example implementation.  Possibly this could be a
subset of the Workspace definition but it also could be entirely
separate.  We have identified a need for "report" storage and there may
be cases where there is a need to pass a reference to a storage location
around independantly of an SCM being present.

Tim