RE: [alf-dev] RE: ALF Source Code Mangement Vocabulary Meeting

alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/18/2006 02:52:17 PM:

> [Side note related to this: AccuRev has a feature called ?annotate?: If
you
> say ?annotate file? it displays the file line-by-line, showing who
created
> each line. Some people have jokingly suggested the feature should be
renamed
> to ?blame?. J ]

Actually in CVS and Subversion, which both have this feature, the command
is called "blame".  I believe both offer "annotate" or "ann" as an
alternate alias.  When Eclipse added this CVS feature to the UI, they
called it "Show Annotation", I imagine to avoid the negative connotation
of "blame".

Mark

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.