RE: [alf-dev] RE: ALF Source Code Mangement Vocabulary Meeting meetingminutes

Dear ALF SCM Vocabulary team,

I like the Build use cases that Eric has drafted.  Some questions and
thoughts:

Regarding the use case "Get new versions since" -- Is this a request for
the versioning provider to answer the question:  "Should we build
again?"  Or, does it actually get files?  Or, both?  Perhaps "Update a
workspace" is used to get files, and "Get new versions since" is really
the decision maker, answering the question "Is it time to build again?"
I'm trying to better distinguish "Update a workspace" and "Get new
versions since".

Would a continuous integration build system like to subscribe to ALF
events that can tell it when changes have occurred to certain streams?
It could listen to "check-in" or "promote" or "change-set promotion"
events on a stream.  This may introduce other use cases.  (I haven't
proposed any).

And, I've added two additional use cases, identified as [proposed for
discussion], #7 and #8, which hopefully we can touch on at this morning
meeting.
	http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/ALF/Build_Server_Use_Case

Regards,

Adam Simantel