Re: [alf-dev] RE: ALF Source Code Mangement Vocabulary Meeting meeting minutes

SCM Vocab Team and all,

I've put together a quick overview of the SCM integration use cases from the perspective of build management tools. Comments and suggestions from those who are familar with these tools would be most welcome.

It's currently up on the wiki here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/ALF/Build_Server_Use_Case .

As we discussed, this is a fairly coarse grained set of use cases. On further reflection though, I'm not sure that's the right direction. As we move have added more customizable workflow oriented behavior in our commercial app, we found it helpful to expose more low level and scm dependent concepts directly to the user - particularly the advanced user. In the open source tool, the coarse grained approach does simplify development.

In a tool like ALF that is primarily geared towards users scripting interactions in service flows, finer grained use cases might be more appropriate, if only in the context of the more coarse.

Cheers,

Eric Minick
Urbancode, Inc.

Back to the top