Re: [alf-dev] New ALF Website

alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/10/2006 02:55:23 AM:

> As you may know Eclipse recently changed the format of the Eclipse web
site.
> Each project has been asked to update their home pages and conform to
the
> new look and feel and use the Phoenix PHP project tools. Please visit
the staging area
> for the new site and let me have you feedback.
> PS: A huge thank you to Mic Fabus for his work on this conversion.

I think it is hard to find some of the existing content.  More links on
the left would help.  I would suggest looking at some other projects that
are using the new L&F, such as:

http://www.eclipse.org/stp/
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/

Both of these sites also make links into the Wiki, which I think makes a
lot of sense.  For example, I would have links for things like
Requirements, Architecture and Vocabulary and then link those into the
Wiki instead of having pages for them on the site.  That would make it
easier to evolve and maintain the site.

Things like FAQ need to be more prominent in the links.

Finally, I'd suggest the main page might be better if it was highlighting
news and What's New type stuff.  There could be an Introduction page that
was prominently linked that spells out the Problem/Solution type stuff.
Even that might be better as a Wiki page so that we can continue to
enhance it.

Mark

PS - I have never used a Wiki before this, so I am not some huge Wiki
advocate.  It just seems like a good tool for what we need so that more
people can participate in creating and updating the content.  The fact
that other projects seems to be using would seem to validate the idea.

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.