[alf-dev] RE: ALF Source Code Mangement Vocabulary Meeting +1-303-928-3232 id 6053141# Wednesday 10:00AM PDT - meeting minutes

Meeting Minutes
ALF Source Code Management Vocabulary Meeting, Wednesday May 03th at
10:00AM PDT

Planned Agenda
0. Last week's minutes (below)
1. Review use cases we have so far
2. Pick a couple of use cases to fully flesh out as examples
3. Discuss work assignments
4. Any other business

0. Last week's minutes
	We didn't actually discuss this but please reply with any
corrections. We did review the concepts presented last week:
	Concepts Discussion
	Component - is it versionable?  Since it is a set of elements
then the set of elements may change over time and therefore it might be
useful.  However this may be addressed other ways. Fex. Elements are
versionable and Baselines define set as set of element versions. Thus
the version of a Component may be defined by a baseline that identifies
a set of element versions within that Component. (tip/head could be
considered a special case of implicit baseline)
	Branch/Stream - this includes the idea of "configuration"

1. Review use cases we have so far
	Richard described the use case in the document
	StopEdit (and other use cases) have additiona details (options)
not explicitly mentioned (eg does the workspace copy of the element
revert or not)
	Rollback - is not generally supported - destroying history is a
specialized operation.
	Rename was identified as missing
	Refactoring (similar to renaming) and MetaData operations were
other suggested additions

	General observation - The use cases presented so far are close
to the "primitive" level.  We need to relate the to higher level
integration type use cases to ensure we are on the right track for ALF.
We also need to identify the "ALF" events that may be involved in these
use cases.

2. Pick a couple of use cases to fully flesh out as examples
	We will discuss this next week.  Please bring suggestions.

3. Work Assignments
These are delivered:
T2. "Write an introduction to the SCM Vocabulary effort stating
philosophy, goals etc." - Scott McGrath in the next couple of weeks.
Looks like Richard T had a go at this.  Scott, did you have more in
mind?

T1. Try to confirm our use of the Wikki - We will try to use the
"Richard Gross" wikki.  He has been travelling but should be available
soon to assist in the administration of this - Tim Buss

These are still pending.

T3. Pick a couple of use cases to fully flesh out as examples. - Richard
Title with assistence of others.  (Note: This was not explicilty agreed
to but implied so I'm reaching - sorry Richard)

T4. Enhance the ALF architecture section - Tim Buss - due May 10
T5. Review concepts for completeness and clarity.  - All - due May 3
T6. Update concepts from notes as appropriate - Richard Title - due May
3 T7. Discuss "Workspace" - no date set.

These are new
T7. Component concept expansion - Brian - due May 10
T8. Concept "Data Model - Brian - due May 10
T9. Add SCM product equivalent terms to concepts - due May 10
		Richard Title
		Adam Simantel

4. Other Business
	none raise partly due to time.  If you have any please reply to
this email.

Tim Buss - Serena.