Re: [alf-dev] ALF SCM Vocabulary compared to WebDAV Versioning Extensions

A comment on question 1:

Glenn wrote on 05/03/2006 02:56:34 PM:

> The document Versioning Extensions to WebDAV (Web Distributed
> Authoring and Versioning) I found here http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3253.txt

> has a section of Term definitions which is very close to what has
> been proposed which seems very good.  It also looks like WebDAV has
> already been implemented by some SCM products. I don’t know how
> complete these implementations are but again, this seems like good news.

> But I have a couple of other questions related to this:
> 1.    Why doesn’t JSR 147 doesn’t reference the document above it
> seems like they address identical areas.

JSR-147 was created before the Versioning Extensions to WebDAV had been given an RFC number.  So it referenced the internet draft: "http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-deltav-versioning-16.txt (DeltaV) "

The initial description of JSR-147 said. "The Workspace Versioning and Configuration Management library will use the DeltaV/WebDAV/HTTP protocol to communicate with the server. The DeltaV protocol is defined in an internet draft (soon to receive an rfc number) ".  This was later weakened to just say "It should be possible for the WVCM library to use the DeltaV protocol ..."

Cheers,

Geoff

Back to the top